|Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flier|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Pricing|
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
CareFirst’s EAP is a voluntary benefit provided by powered by LifeWorks* that combines comprehensive intervention and prevention services to deliver measurable results for happier, healthier living.
Positive changes in your employees’ behavioral health can positively impact healthcare costs, employee performance and workplace culture. Help your workforce become more productive today!
Employee Assistance Program FAQ
What is an Employee Assistance Program?
An EAP extends individual assistance to employees and their family members with emotional and personal health concerns, legal and financial issues, as well as child and elder care needs. EAPs can also serve organizations strategically in areas such as critical stress management when tragic incidents occur in the workplace.
What’s the benefit to my organization?
Since EAPs resolve most of the problems employees face, employers can reduce the use of behavioral health benefits. EAPs also improve workforce productivity and retention and enhance the effectiveness of managers. You can also help cut down on administrative costs by having one provider for both EAP and behavioral health services.
What factors should my organization consider when buying an EAP?
EAP providers should offer a comprehensive set of services that address work-life balance, legal, financial, emotional health and wellness issues.
You should also consider:
- An extensive provider network that will cover where your employees work and live
- A program that has a return on investment
- Accessibility 24/7 by phone or website
- Robust website with EAP and work-life provider search functions
- Experienced and licensed clinical staff to answer member calls
- Dedicated support to managers for workplace issues, threats of violence and critical incidents
- Ability to integrate with behavioral health program
Are eligibility files needed?
No. All household members over the age of 13 living in the employee’s household are covered by the EAP regardless of their medical carrier.
How do we promote the EAP to encourage employees to use the services?
The key is to de-stigmatize the program and promote it as a cornerstone of your company’s desire to improve the health and wellness of your employees—at no cost to them. The EAPs promotional materials normalize the everyday nature of the issues covered—stress, depression, child and elder care. You can further reach out to your employees by linking to the EAP website on your company’s intranet.
Sometimes our human resource department seeks training resources. Can the EAP help?
Our EAP provides employees have access to thousands of clinically verified and trusted articles, toolkits, podcasts and more. Additionally, Lifeworks offers workplace support programs, such as manager training and critical incident support.**
* LifeWorks (US) Ltd. is an independent company that provides employee assistance program (EAP) services to CareFirst members. LifeWorks does not provide CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield products or services and is solely responsible for the EAP services it offers.
** Additional charges may apply for employer services.