Long-Term Disability Insurance
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance from CareFirst can provide a monthly income benefit to help maintain financial stability during an extended period of disability.
With CareFirst long-term disability, employees benefit from:
- Step-by-step assistance with the filing process
- Option to submit claims by phone, email, fax or mail
- Return-to-work assistance and rehabilitation programs
Benefit offerings include:
- Non-contributory, contributory, voluntary and gross-up plans available
- Total, partial and residual definitions of disability available
- Benefits can be a percentage of salary or a flat dollar amount
- Rehabilitative employment provision provides an incentive for employees to work if they are able
- Additional provisions, such as survivor income benefit, workplace modification and family care credit
Contact your CareFirst representative to request more information about CareFirst's long-term disability products.