Short-Term Disability Insurance
When an illness, injury or pregnancy impacts an employee's ability to work, short-term disability (STD) insurance can provide a weekly income benefit while the employee is disabled.
With CareFirst short-term disability, employees benefit from:
- Step-by-step assistance with the filing process
- Option to submit claims by phone, email, fax or mail
- Coordination of necessary forms and information between providers and the Human Resources department
Benefit offerings include:
- Fully insured STD benefit plans
- Non-contributory, contributory, voluntary and gross-up plans available
- Total, partial and residual definitions of disability available
- First day hospital provision is available
- Rehabilitative employment provision provides incentive for employees to work if they are able
Contact your CareFirst representative to request more information about CareFirst's short-term disability products.