Stop Loss Options
CareFirst can help protect your self-funded health plan clients in the event of catastrophic or higher than expected claims. Pairing CareFirst administrative services with CareFirst Stop Loss insurance provides employers a simple solution to manage their benefit plan – all from the name you know and trust.
Additional coverage options are also available.
If you are interested in receiving a Stop Loss quote, please provide the following information to your CareFirst broker sales representative:
- Employees’ complete census in one Excel file, including:
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- Coverage tier
- Plan elections
- Current benefit summaries or plan documents for all medical and pharmacy plans
- Proposed benefits if they do not match current plan designs
- Current renewal and prior year renewal with rates
- Claims experience to include:
- Monthly claims and enrollment for at least 6 months in the current year policy period and two prior policy periods
- All large claims at 50% of the requested deductible (including medical and Rx) with diagnosis for at least 6 months in the current year policy period and two prior policy periods
To learn more about CareFirst Stop Loss download our fact sheet.