Due to an upgrade to the CareFirst Broker Portal, on 1/6/2023, your current password will need to be reset using the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. Should you have any issues please use the Help Desk number on the login page for support.
Stop Loss Options
CareFirst can help protect your self-funded health plan clients in the event of catastrophic or higher than expected claims. Pairing CareFirst administrative services with CareFirst Stop Loss insurance provides employers a simple solution to manage their benefit plan – all from the name you know and trust.
Additional coverage options are also available.
If you are interested in receiving a Stop Loss quote, please provide the following information to your CareFirst broker sales representative:
- Employees’ complete census in one Excel file, including:
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- Coverage tier
- Plan elections
- Current benefit summaries or plan documents for all medical and pharmacy plans
- Proposed benefits if they do not match current plan designs
- Current renewal and prior year renewal with rates
- Claims experience to include:
- Monthly claims and enrollment for at least 6 months in the current year policy period and two prior policy periods
- All large claims at 50% of the requested deductible (including medical and Rx) with diagnosis for at least 6 months in the current year policy period and two prior policy periods
To learn more about CareFirst Stop Loss download our fact sheet.